Taekwondo, BJJ and Martial Arts Instructors
Learn from Black Belt Professionals
Our Instructors are Black Belt Professional’s. Their energy, enthusiasm, helpfulness, and friendliness are proof that our program works. Parents enrolling children and teens are reassured to know that classes are conducted by instructors who expect best behavior, uphold rules and provide continuous supervision. They strive daily to be the best they can be and they’re dedicated to passing along that special quality of assurance and achievement to every student.
Master Steve Bartley
- 6th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt
- 1st Dan Ketto Ryu Jujitsu Black Belt
- Black Belt in Brazilian Jui Jitsu, received from Rodrigo Resende
- Certified International F.A.S.T. Defense™ Association Instructor
- NCCP Level 2 Coach
- Kettlebell Instructor
- 2008-2010 Alberta Taekwondo Coaching Director
- Proud Father and Husband
- 27 years Taekwondo Experience
- 22 years teaching
Master Bartley started Taekwondo in 1985 with Kee’s Taekwondo, moved to Edmonton in 1989 and started training with Master Sung Lee. Master Bartley has had his own school now for 17 years and it is growing larger and stronger yearly.
Quote from Master Bartley: “There is no “I Can’t” in our school. Anything can be done with the proper effort, guidance and of course time.”
Instructor Rodrigo Resende
Professor Resende is the highest rank Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor in Alberta and after 23 years in the martial arts and 11 years teaching experience.
- 3rd degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt
- 4th degree Judo black belt
- 23 years of practice and 11 years of teaching experience
- Sensei Rodrigo’s students in the past few years brought home more than 14 medals from BJJ worlds and Pan-American championships, 4 medals from Canadian judo nationals, UFC participation, more than 10 MMA fight wins and several medals from local and provincial Judo and BJJ tournaments.
- 5th place in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt Worlds championship
- Pan American Judo champion
- Brazilian nationals Judo champion
- 4 times Brazilian central champion
- 2nd place in the Brazilian University nationals
- 25 times State champion
- US Open champion
- Quebec Open champion
Instructor Mitch Schultz
3rd Degree Black Belt: Mitch has shown great dedication to the sport and martial art of Taekwondo. He has competed at many tournaments and helps coach some of our club’s younger members at these events. He has competed all over Canada and the United states, and placed 2nd in the Canadian Jr National Taekwondo Championships. Mitch is also our fitness kickboxing coach, he is a certified level II Instructor by fitness kickboxing Canada. Mitch “sir” is always working hard to improve himself, and keeps learning to become a better instructor and coach for our children.
Instructor Ron Prokuda
Ron “Sir” is friendly, encouraging and an all around fun person. Ron” Sir” also teaches our Lil’ Dragons Program. Ron “Sir” used to be a children’s entertainer and it shows in his hugely popular classes. You know its Ron “Sirs” classes when you seen the children all come out of class sweaty smiling and having a great time.
Ron “Sir” is currently a 1st Dan Black Belt working towards his 2nd Dan Black Belt.
Instructor Janan Jomha
Janan Jomha is a 3rd Degree Black Belt with hundreds of hours experience training martial arts. Janan is a seasoned competitor having won a National championship she brings a lot of experience to the mat. She is tough minded and strong willed, yet gentle of heart and graciously humble. Janan is currently in University studying to become a dentist.
Instructor Deb Taylor
Deb Taylor is a 3rd Degree Black Belt and a Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She teaches the Jr Grapplers program at our school. Deb is always there to jump in and offer her extensive martial arts instructor experience or competently take on any other leadership role. Deb Maam is strict but focused, while kind-hearted, and loves to teach martial arts!
Instructor Madison Feindel
1st Poom Black belt. Maddy is a great Instructor in our Lil Dragons program. Happy, friendly and a smiling face is the best way to describe her.
Maddy is currently training to test for her 2nd Dan.