The ONE Skill You Must Have
In martial arts training, there’s only one skill that is absolutely necessary to master…all the rest fall in place once you have this one.
Before I tell you what it is, let’s find out if you have it. Answer these 3 questions:
- Do you ever skip training because there is something else you’d rather do?
- Do you ever give up during training because you’re tired… when you could have continued if you absolutely had to?
- Do you ever give less than 100% of your best effort when you train?
If you answered NO to all, congratulations!
If you answered YES to any… you don’t have it (yet).
Obviously, I’m talking about SELF-DISCIPLINE.
You might have it in some areas of your life, but if you don’t have it in your training, you’ll never even approach your potential.
So how do you get it? Basically, I just told you.
Since self-discipline is about having the ability to do things you don’t necessarily want to do, doesn’t it make sense that if you simply:
- Go to training EVEN when you’d rather not
- Never GIVE UP during training simply because you’re tired
- Always give 100% of your best effort during training
…that you’ll develop self-discipline?
Of course you would!
Listen…self-discipline is the one skill that MUST be there before you’ll make much progress with all the others.
But, it’s built into the training IF you do it right…you just have to do it.
See you in class