Taekwondo for Children
Taekwondo for children ages 7 through 11
As a student of Taekwondo, your child will experience more than just self-defense. They will experience self-improvement. Virtually every area of their life can be affected in a positive way through Taekwondo training.
Your child will:
- Become more fit, energetic, and active
- Learn the importance of treating others with courtesy and respect
- Learn the value of self-control and the power of cooperation
- Gain the ability to set and achieve goals
- Learn to persevere and not give up when faced with challenges
Taekwondo will improve your child’s fitness, increase their self-esteem, and sharpen their focus in such a powerful way that it will benefit them throughout their life.
Great for Physical Fitness
Many of today’s kids spend hours in front of TV’s, video games, and computer screens. As a result, few children get the activity they need to stay healthy. Taekwondo helps kids get fit by improving their coordination, flexibility, strength and endurance.
Taekwondo is perfect for:
- Helping young children to develop coordination and balance
- Motivating sedentary children to participate in exercise
- Enhancing the strength of children with physical challenges
- Providing athletic children a way to become even more fit
Our enthusiastic instructors and high-energy classroom make getting in shape fun and rewarding. Your child will look forward to coming to class and will want to attend regularly.
Improved Listening Skills, Concentration, and Grades
Teachers and parents alike often notice a dramatic difference in children who study the martial arts. Teaching kids to stay focused is one of our specialties and the results are noticeable. Children listen better at home, handle homework and chores more efficiently, put more focus and effort into schoolwork, and receive better grades.
The focus gained at Taekwondo will:
- Help hyper-active kids to settle down
- Give children with Attention Deficit Disorder better concentration skills
- Enable students to improve their memory and study habits
Boost Self-Esteem and Confidence
Taekwondo will provide your child the challenges and the tools to overcome them. Using praise and positive feedback, our instructors encourage students and motivate effort. Our belt system gives students mini-goals to strive for and teaches kids the power of goal-setting.
The self-confidence gained in Taekwondo will enable your child to:
- Overcome shyness
- Resist negative peer pressure
- Stand up to bullies and speak up for themselves
- Raise their hand in school and volunteer their opinion
- Be more comfortable with meeting new people
Our Instructors Make the Difference
Our instructors are experts at working with children. They know how to gain your child’s attention and keep them motivated by setting realistic step-by-step goals and encouraging them every step of the way. Every member of our staff will take a personal interest in your child and be committed to helping them achieve their potential.
We also take it as a priority to serve as good role models. You can be assured that we will demonstrate the respect and character that we would like our students to embody. Our staff are patient, enthusiastic, and teach with a smile! We love what we do and are sure that you and your family will feel that in the classroom.